Friday, November 27, 2015

Day 141: The Thanksgiving Edition

Its Turkey day… but what can I eat?

First off, I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! If you dont celebrate I hope your day was equally as wonderful. It doesn't have to be a holiday to spend time with friends and family and reflect on things you are thankful for.

Saying that, I was worried about the food portion of the holiday. I am still not eating all the things. Talking is also a bit difficult after a while, as the braces and bands irritate my lips. Since I had spent the past weekend at DesignerCon in LA my talking and smiling muscles were already quite tired (more on that on my 5 month post).

Here is the run down on all things Thanksgiving:


Pros:

1. Family generally reads the blog and is up to date on all things "face off"! So discussions about the whole surgery ordeal is totally painless.

2. Wine and Beer flow freely and I can drink both.

3. I was able to eat quite a few things such as:

  • Mash potatoes & sweet potatoes
  • Spinach Quiche (ordered special for me <3
  • Stuffing
  • Super tiny bits of Turkey
  • Brussel sprout and kale salad (My cousin was sweet enough to steam down a bit of the salad she had made so that I could attempt it)
  • PIE…PIE PIE PIE!


I was also able to bite into these fruit jellies!
A surprising delight…aka "a Thanksgiving miracle"

But then there must also be… KHAAAANS:

1. I sadly can not eat other things like crispy veggies, salad, non wilted down kale, brussel sprouts, nuts, crusty bread.

2. That means all appetizers and random sweets were off limits. chips, carrots, celery, and chocolates with mystery fillings. I did however, eat some dip with a spoon. 

3. Competitive family card games were off the table for me as well as quick hand movements near my face still make me super nervous. 

4. I still get pretty tired quickly….and it isn't the turkey talking.


All in all… I chalk it up to success. There are no leftover turkey sandwiches for me (a con) and all the pumpkin cheesecake I made was devoured but that just means I wont be sitting around stuffing my face today. After sleeping in, the hubs and I did have leftover stuffing with scrambled eggs this morning… so i am sort of winning at Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Goodie goodie on the gobble gobble! Your pie was delicious! ����

    ReplyDelete