Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 53: Allergies

Life is slowly getting more normal, like the return of allergies! I would like to thank my body for resisting the urge to torture me with the seasonal allergy during initial recovery. I guess my body is like "meh you're fine now, here is this thing that makes you sneeze and makes you want to claw out your eyes…thats cool, right? Yeah, its cool".

Sneezing is still interesting. Just remembering to sneeze out the mouth…try not to claw out eyes. Repeat.

Numbness / general face progress:
Progress feels so SLOW! ARRRRGH! I have some puffiness still…. i guess it takes a while. I'm a little lopsided still. Under my nose is still…weird…i don't know how else to put it. I feel like it sticks out and my lips have to strain to touch, making me look like i have tiny lips.


That doesnt make any sense, my upper jaw is smaller so there should be more upper lip to go around. Maybe its the stitches still being around with a bit of swelling.


My chin and lower lip is still a bane on my existence. Yes, it is that dramatic. It feels completely fake. It tingles all the time and touching it now is horrible. Its a sensation dumping ground. I think it means that feeling is coming back. The muscles are still very week. Eating or talking to people is the oddest feeling. It is like i have tape holding down all the skin on my chin, it feels like its not moving and being held back. Torture.

Eating:
I am getting better at food. I have been eating a lot of microwave veggie pot pie. I have been eating a lot of veggies wilted or cooked till soft. I really haven't been eating sweets. So odd, I love pastries… just haven't been interested. Maybe this is a new thing. I did buy a muffin today, a morning glory muffin…. so carrot, raisin, ect. I ate it with a fork but I ate it. I wasn't totally into it because it was sweet. I'm surprised that there has been such a shift in my food tastes. Probably for the best…


The act of eating is becoming less horrible to probably look at. Fewer things end up on my chin and its more deliberate. I have been having an easier time chewing on the left side of my face. Trying to be more mindful to give both sides a good eating workout.

Skin:
Oh, skin…why do you hate me? Surgery skin is such a pain in the butt. I cant really get a scrub going yet but I'm trying out some masks. I got a new one from Lush and hoping it helps. They seem to help a little bit but I'm sure once my body calms down I wont need to experiment so much.

Perfect title when you leave the house
sans make-up with a nice sheen of  "surgery skin"

Its cooling AND matches my hair
A Tooth for A Tooth:
Tomorrow I will be finally posting things to my shop. Tooth related things that i made. Only my teeth have been harmed in the making of these pieces. To learn more, check out the link at the top of the page. I have been in the studio for a few days. Little chunks of working! 

A Tooth for A Tooth Project
Misc:
If you have sent me a note, a text, a letter, a package, or stopped in to see me, let me just say that I really appreciate it. You are all super awesome!

A fantastic gift with awesome packaging!
Im a sucker for a wood box…cant wait to try the perfume!

No comments:

Post a Comment