Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 12: Becoming human

I am able to make it a full day without a nap…im almost like an adult again! Yesterday I was able to stay out for about 3 hours, got to sit in the car. Driving is still not an option for me but having my mom around has made everything much easier. Went to an antique store, my favorite kind of outing.

My face still feels alien, a little like a puppet still. My chin and nose do not feel real. Teeth, chin and nose all have moments of a burning sensation, tingling and a odd throbbing. I was told it could take up to a year to get full feeling back but I wasnt supposed to have much feelings for 2 more weeks. I have 50% of what was lost back already. I wont be surprised if I see this on my next head scan:



My swelling is still lingering, I dont know how long it will take to go back to normal. When I walk around my nose starts to sound odd (since i cant blow my nose). I have my own built in kazoo!

I am still sleeping in the living room. Have to stay semi upright, can not lay on my side because I can not apply pressure to my jaw. I dont want anything to shift and the bone has to get to work. Im a side sleeper so its been interesting, so glad I bought a upright contour pillow…lifesaver.

This morning I was craving an egg and cheese sandwich…soooo I made a blended version. Stay with me, it was actually really good. I took a little bit of milk, cut some cheddar, put both in a mug and microwaved for a min. Poured into the blender and added a hard boiled egg. Everything with this liquid diet is about smell and taste. You have to give in and accept everything will have a similar texture. Im totally on the experimental part of this food adventure.

Okay time to try and do some home organization. I am assuming i will get worn out quick but would like to take some of this down time to do a summer clean out of the house (no heavy lifting). In between cleaning attempts I have plenty to do…

Games and books for days (or months)

No comments:

Post a Comment