Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 6: Today's new face…

What feels like this, looks like this and sounds like this?

Answer:
Why the long face?
Today my nose and sinuses are swollen as well as some brand new jowls. I can sort of make my eyes look less undead. I still can not move the corners of my mouth but can sort of bare my teeth….which are TERRIFYING! There are so many new metal twist ties going everywhere (in and out of gums…. sooo gross). Hope you werent eating food.

I am getting feeling and its not a good feeling. I feel like I am wearing a gas mask or half medical mask. A mask filed with tiny demons with pitchforks, doing a tiny tap dance on my chin and cheeks. My nose is completely void of feeling, like a wax nose…but then it runs so it adds an extra dimension. Under my eyes near my sinuses feel like i got smacked in the face, like i could be getting a black eye.


My teeth feel like they are trying to squirm away. Everything in my face is mining for gold and setting up residence, I guess. It feels like I have gone free diving in the ocean and am almost getting the bends.

I slept from 10pm to 4am, stirred around for an hour as my inflatable mattress deflated and the slept again til 8. While this sounds all well and good, sleeping that long made me super weak. I woke up groggy and starving. I think I need to wake up to eat at some point in the night. I have already lost 10 lbs…you wouldn't know it with all the body swell. Im glad I did 2 months of HIIT and ate everything in sight.

So…After a puree of oatmeal I left the house for a bit. The air felt good but everything was so bright. Blood sugar problems i guess. I felt like everyone was staring at me. I went to my local coffee place and they were nice to me but totally looked shocked. I have to leave the house tomorrow to see the surgeon for an update and maybe a loosening of my bonds…im glad my hair is long and i have comically large sunglasses.

Speaking of bonds…My arms still look like I escaped a horror movie basement.




1 comment:

  1. hi! I have to fly at day 19 (not counting day of surgery). Did you fly? Looking for some folks that under went same surgery and flew so I can determine whether or not it's worth it. thank you!

    ReplyDelete