Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Surgery: The Making of Pumpkin-head

I am still groggy and having trouble with focus, even tho the surgery was 3 days ago. The medication I am on takes quite a bit out of me. So I will write a few back-log posts about the last few days.

Point of no return:


Having surgery on your skull is terrifying. I was so nervous, I almost thought about running away. I got a ton of IV's… and then that meant i wasnt going anywhere. I got in at 6am into the pre-op room and it was about an hour of prep before they were ready to wheel me out to the OR. They gave me a sedative on the route to the OR and I was already out before I got into the room. 

Then… a bunch of surgery happened. It took exactly 4 hours. It took another 3 hours for me to come too enough for family to come stare at me. That I guess, was the scariest part because it took a while for me to start breathing properly without the tube. 

The league of mothers

Jarrett being stoic 
Only one person could come in to visit at one time so jarrett had my mom jump the line and go first. I dont remember anyone coming to visit, i just remember being moved to the ICU and how it was uncomfortable to be on the move. Once in my private room I did a lot of this:







2 comments:

  1. bless you i see how brave i am going to have to be ! XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. bless you i see how brave i am going to have to be ! XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete