Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 20: Once Bitten


First day with new pain meds and its been a much better experience. Childrens advil and regular advil just didnt cut it, this is just a little extra without any of the codine side effects. Taking a pill is odd as it tends to feel like it is stuck to the roof of my mouth…which is currently a plastic shell. Have to use a mirror and a whole glass of water but it gets done.

I actually have crossed over from being tired and lazy to being a little antsy. Im starting to want to do more, get out more. My body doesnt 100% agree but its the first sign of returning to a normal day. Usually when I get sick (with a cold or flu) the day that I get bored with relaxing is the day before getting back to work. While I am still a ways off from getting work done, Im hoping this means Ill be getting out more. 


 My face is still swollen around the jawline, under the nose and under the right sinus but its coming along. It will take probably another month before all swelling is gone. Its more noticeable on profile.

I am totally happy with how my face is looking in photos even tho im still on a no make-up routine, it helps that my hair is still awesomely blue and purple thanks to the pre-surgery salon visit with my friend Trisha Star.

The last 24hrs has me eating like a baby… I have more food on my face than in my face. I need to practice chewing and using utensils thru the tiny gap in my teeth. I can only open a tiny bit and that means I can not use real forks and spoons. Getting food into my mouth is difficult, my lower lip still does not have feeling so, I also dont know when food falls out of my face. Tried scrambled eggs for dinner and chewing seems like an impossible task. I ended up having to use my hands and a mirror to get the eggs through my teeth…then I ended up mostly swallowing them whole (whole tiny bits). I do however, have feeling in my tongue and biting it seems to be what I currently excel at. Im glad I stocked up on tiny spoons but i have a looooong way to normal eating.

Chia pod Oats are easy to
eat without chewing…
Also, they come with the perfect spoon
Lemon sorbet + Tiny spoon =
food that fits in my mouth

Now a very important tale about lip care…My lips have been a nightmare to keep hydrated. They have formed a layer of flaky skin and they are generally super chapped. So, I had been making a sugar scrub for them using a recipe from http://everydayroots.com/homemade-lip-exfoliator and it has been lovely. The only issue is not being able to move things around my mouth, this was resulting in sugar sitting on my gum line…so today I upped my lip game.


 I took a walk to LUSH, pretty close to my house and picked up a lip scrub and an epic balm. Its a mild scrub but it really does the job, the balm is amazing. I used it twice today and it lasted quite a few hours. I was having to use a chap stick hourly before and then would forget and yadda yadda yadda, chapped lips.

I also upped my skin care game. As I have complained about before, post surgery skin is an oil fest. I had some empty packaging from LUSH and if you bring them back to recycle, you get a free face mask! I got cupcake, for oily skin and a mild exfoliate. It has to stay refrigerated because its all fresh ingredients but…
1. it smells like pudding!
2. it looks like pudding!
3. it was amazing and really helped my complexion.
4. instant home spa day

mmmm…face mask
Now to try to relax a bit with some video games before I pass out early again. My bed time has been around 8-10pm depending on the days events.

No comments:

Post a Comment