Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 5: Operation Latte

Today I am definitely on the upswing. My sinuses feel like a pressure pot and my wrists are still crazy bruised. Still hard to focus for long periods…hence why all my typing is probably a mess, sorry. The brain doesnt know what to do.

But…its been 6 days and I have finally been able to get an iced latte. Holy crap, so damn good…I am glad I got to detox from coffee for a bit but, damn. 



Eating is getting a little easier. My mom has been experimenting. This morning we tried instant oatmeal, banana and soy milk, blended to death, tasted like real food. Squeeze pouch apple sauce thinned with apple juice was fantastic too. What isnt fantastic is all the childrens meds…they tend to be the only thing that comes in liquid form. Who's idea was it to make all the fruit flavor chemical tasting things for kids? Trying to ween off of everything today. The codine makes me so foggy…also it tastes like crap. Id like to heal faster so managing my pain as much as possible on my own seems to be a good move. 

How I now eat food, aka: Kitchen nightmares

I cant blow my nose and cant cough so Ive had to get creative. Hot baths, microwave oatmeal wrap and Peppermint tea have been  awesome. They dont tell you how badly your sinuses will flare up. Breathing is something you have to keep an eye on, if my nostrils were more swollen then Id really be in a panic.  Brushing my teeth is still a comedy of errors tho…

I also got an awesome gift in the mail from friend Doktor A. Opening the box made me break into a sweat. Being weak sucks but it was totally worth the effort. 

1 comment:

  1. im making mental notes ... what a great gift you got hes something xxx .... your typing i fine - really ! well done xxxxx

    ReplyDelete