Thursday, July 23, 2015

Post Op: The second week

I have returned from my second week appointment! Even though I'm ahead of schedule, as far as healing,  I still have some way to go. Around my jaw line and up my cheeks still have areas of swelling and waves of pain (mild-moderate). I havent had any pain meds in a few days. I will take it as needed.

Everything is healing quick. Stitches will start removing themselves soon. 2 of the 6 bands were removed and the muscles have stopped fighting so much (they are getting used to their new homes). Feeling is coming back on the left side of my face but the right still feels puffy and odd. My bottom lip feels like a pair of wax lips. The tingling has not gotten any better. Patches and waves of heat, throbbing and tinging…like if you rubbed a hot pepper on your skin


No crazy cyborg head scan this time, only a photo from my mother-in-law of me getting some stitches removed. I wish I had slightly less feeling.

Sinuses are returning to normal but I still have some irritation. I never thought I would miss blowing my nose so much in my life.  Still can not move my face too much, Ill have to (create and then) start smile therapy. About 3 more weeks and I will be able to begin exercise again. I am only allowed to walk for now…Hope my non-face muscles arent being eaten by my body.  I was hoping I could return to swimming laps but I can not submerge my head either. womp womp.

My Mother-in-law then took me out for a little relaxation. I needed a pedicure….and I never wanted to leave the massage chair.
Successful reintroduction into human behavior 
Weird blended food of the day: Mac and Cheese blended with milk…tastes good but you have to eat it quick before it turns into wallpaper paste.

P.S. its taken me almost 3 days to organize my bathroom…haha sooooo cleaning takes a little more energy than I currently have.

No comments:

Post a Comment