Friday, July 10, 2015

Post op: feeling swell

 Feeling so swell…Still a pumpkin head and told it still could inflate some more. My night in ICU was okay, other than getting checked in on every hour and having my blood drawn at three am. The largest complaint I have had is the congestion, and swelling in my arms, fingers and legs. My body tried to turn into a balloon and float out the window. I was told if i could get up more and sit in a chair I could get some of the wires unplugged.
Looking rather square
The nurses all complimented my blue hair, telling me it made me look happy. Thats good, since I cant smile. My surgeon came to visit at 6am and told me everything went very well. I did not loose a lot of blood and I only had one little issue. My left bottom jaw bone started to splinter like an old piece of wood. He had to use a larger plate to connect everything. Just have to make sure the roots of my teeth were not damaged. I would hate to have a root canal after all this jazz. Thats what can happen when you no longer have teenage bones.

I was told I could go home after they did a 3d scan of my skull. Everyone told me they were supprised by how good i was looking for having such extreme surgery. I got a lot of visitors and basically had to take it easy before I was comfortable enough to get in a car to be transported.

Even tho other people having this surgery suggested a list of goodies to bring, I really hardly used any of it. The hospital was on top of everything. My night nurse Tim and day nurse Christy were so stinking nice. Christie even lives on my block so i threatened to call in a house call ;)

Finally got unhooked and headed home about 7pm. Jarrett had constructed an air matteress nest for me in the living room. so cozy. I was greated at home by some presents from friends and a huge number of messages and fb comments. Also this wonderful welcome home banner:

I zonked out with this as my view and slept 5 hours straight before needing my pain medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment