Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Demolition Day

T - 10hrs until the dismantling of my skull!

I was so nervous when I woke up I could puke. The morning started rough, trying to get my head in the game. The waiting for the hospital to call between 2 and 5 to tell me when and where to show up was possibly the worst part. Got my giant latte and went for a 5 mile walk, running errands…calmed my brain or wore me out.

For a year now I have read other blogs from people going through similar surgery. I tried to put a kit together based on what others have found useful.


List of goodies for this adventure, hospital edition:

  • Subtle large neck tee 
  • Breathe right strips
  • Eye mask that resembles a tiny strapless bra
  • Baby tooth brush
  • Cool touch tissues
  • Face wash wipes for sensitive skin
  • Epic chapstick
  • Terry Prachett Novel
  • Surgeon's info card
  • Phone Charger
  • A book of pre-written answers and questions for pointing to while groaning
  • Hand held mirror - so I know where my facial features are
  • All the PJs
  • A healthy fight or flight reflex
My final pre-surgery meal has also been ingested… chicago stuffed spinach pizza.




Anyway you slice it, I have to show up at 6am (so its almost like I am hoping a flight to SDCC, right?). Now I just have to remember I cant eat or drink water any more. If I get any sleep I will be very surprised…

2 comments:

  1. If there's anything you need call me. If you need me to come and brush those little wires one by one I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing well and cleaning these things in my mouth have been easy thus far! I got your card, thanks so much <3

      Delete