Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 10: First "Smile"

My face has started moving again! Both corners of my mouth have regained sensation! My right side is a little less so, still tingling but I can feel it. My whole bottom lip is still void / relatively motionless and while I have complete feeling in my upper lip it does not have much movement. All of this leads to a pretty creepy little dead eyed gnome smile…
I am a muppet 
 My chin, nose, cheeks, sinuses and "jowls" are still swollen but its all working its way out.


When I make this face you can still see the lopsided puffy parts…nose is only half swollen today. I have also discovered that since my muscles are damaged that can not rotate my head around very far. If I have to look up I basically have to bend at the waist. If I need to look at something over my shoulder I have to turn my whole body. When I try to just move my head there is pressure put on the jaw…I do not want any of that to shift so I am careful.

Yesterday was my first day free of meds (except antibiotics). It may seem stupid to ween off of pain meds this early but I prefer my body try to adjust to things on its own as soon as I can. My stomach doesnt appreciate harsh meds and it really affects my sleep. Last night was my first solid 8hrs. I didnt wake up to eat but felt okay…a bit hungry but not as woozy.

This morning I was able to walk to the grocery store, soup replenishment (in this time I got a bit too much sun, forgot antibiotics can sometimes have this affect). I am still only good for 30 - 60 mins out of the house at a time. I only consume about 600-800 calories a day so I get taxed easily. Last night my Mom and Jarrett ordered a pizza….I love pizza…so I blended a tiny square. It was a thin crust veggie pizza that I added a little bit of veggie stock to, it looked like pasta sauce, smelled like pizza, tasted like delicious pizza!

When I ate a blended 1/4 cupcake and then a square of pizza I was so full. I do not plan on going to crazy with this type of eating. I want my body to get used to fewer sugars, more fruit and veggies. I will, however, experiment a bit. Another strange thing, after my first iced latte I went back and got another the following day…It was totally gross to me. How is that possible???!! I got another today from a different cafe…still meh, it leaves an oily feeling in my mouth. Not cool, body.

Anyway, between the leftover cupcakes and the pizza I probably took in actual calories today!

No comments:

Post a Comment