Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Code name: Captain Hook

I have 2 days before they put these babies to work. For the last 7 days all I could think is "Hooks are annoying…".  


They are not very visible but I do get everything caught on them. I have caught my lip a few times and have a nice little scratch on my tongue. Im sure it does not help I had to get them installed a bit early.


The purpose of these metal fangs is to allow for a place to wire my maw shut. Unless there is some major instability there will be no need to actually wire my jaw shut. A series of rubberbands will be used instead. They start with heavy resistance and gradually lessen as my jaw starts its road to normal function. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if a water pic would be a good tool to havenduring your recovery? Anyone mention that?

    ReplyDelete