Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Post Op: The third week…almost

This morning I woke up with pain on my left side of my face. Last night I was having muscle spasms but it came to a head in the morning. My muscles were freaking out so much that it was pulling my jaw off center. So, even tho my three week check in appointment was set for Thursday I had to go early.

My muscles are still sorting themselves out and the bands needed to be adjusted to guide my bite a little more. From 4 bands to two guide bands I go. I also got an upgrade in pain / anti-inflammatory meds. I was solely on child's advil because it is a liquid formula and it wasnt helping.  With the new band configuration I can open my mouth enough to take a pill. I am supposed to start moving my face more and I have been cleared to eat very soft pasta, mashed potato and eggs

After visiting Dr. Olsson I was sent over to Dr. Huang, everyone seems super excited with how my teeth are lining up. My Mother-in-law2 was kind enough to take me home.

Taking it easy the rest of the day. A chai latte and pjs until the pain bot goes away.

On a nicer note, I know some lovely people who seem to know when to send goodies (on days I really need it). Books, toys and flowers with a note about skynet <3…



No comments:

Post a Comment